Thursday, March 5, 2020

mom's guilt


Waving bye to the twins before heading to work. Time: 5pm. Need head to office for an evening appt. Manage to have another morning appt today. I'm exhausted.The past 2 weeks have been crazy packed that I hardly come back for dinner. That's why vera made me promised I pick her up from school at least once this week.

Mom's guilt is real. I don't remember feeling this way for a long time especially now that the girls are older. Planned today's schedule deliberately around their timing so that I could pick them up from school and have meaning conversations with them. We played hide and seek for a while before it was time to head to work. They were sad n I felt so bad. Penning it down so that I make an effort to pick them up again and leave the rest of the day entirely to them. 

I love my work, dont get me wrong. And I'm thankful that in current times I still have people to meet up with. I just need to remind myself that I need to give TIME to myself and my loved ones. 

No comments: