Saturday, March 28, 2020

Giving thanks

Met a super old friend for breakfast at the airport this morning. She was going back to HK with her kids, 1 day before HK closes her borders. It was great to see her while she was back and as we parted ways, we all agreed that we probably only be able to meet again when this whole virus thing dies down and borders start opening again. 

She's been here since Feb coz schools in HK have been closed since cny. And when she goes back, she has to fulfil the 14days quarantine restrictions as well. Looking at the policies implemented by both govts, I'm glad and proud that I'm a Singaporean. I'm glad that schools have been opened for so long, that despite all the "peer" pressure, our govt has gone ahead to continue with schools becoz when schools close, there will b bigger problems. I'm glad that our country isn't in complete lockdown YET. Yes, the social distancing measures were recently implemented. But I'm thankful that I still get my freedom, my personal space and malls. I still could get my breakfast fix or late night supper if I wanted to. Maybe we would eventually go to the complete lockdown mode where everyone is required to stay at home. But right now, I just wanna give thanks for the little pockets of freedom that I have. 

The last few weeks have been crazy busy, bcoz most of my clients are working from home. And bcoz of that, I manage to meet up with more people, to which I'm thankful for. I know that my biz will stop when it comes to a complete lockdown, or when no other clients are willing to take a risk and meet me..haha.. and when that happens, I will b a SAHM! Simply enjoying the presence of my kids, we could watch tv all day long, or unpacked the boxes; or we could just daydream! Either way, I'm excited to see how it goes!

The 2nd budget was announced yday. And quite expectedly, I wont be getting much. I thought we might have a chance to get the self employed allowance, but I wasnt eligible. I'm glad. Bcoz that means the allowance is allocated to people who need it more than me, who truly deserve some help. The brilliance of coming up with this stimulus to help fellow citizens. =) 

Tomorrow is a relax weekend for the Choos coz vera doesnt have art class; I dont have appts; and joy doesn't need to reach church super early. We could take a super slow and long brunch, without needing to rush for the next appt. I'm looking forward to this kind of lifestyle.. haha.. 

Thankful for the opportunity to be thankful for... 

No comments: