Thursday, December 6, 2018

My slimming journey - season 1

When I first started the program, I decided to record down my measurements and my feelings/ struggles. Below is a long lengthy post... I went for twice a week as recommended and for almost 8 weeks before I had to take a break for Rio.

16 Jul 2018 (Day1)
Weight: 100.1kg 

Went for the first session of guasha and cupping. My after thoughts were it's Actually quite relaxing during the session. Almost felt asleep  if not bcoz I had to hold my pee.  Between the two, cupping is a lot nicer..hahahah.. it's like the mask after exfoliation during a facial treatment.

We were also briefed on the meal plans n the kinds of foods we should/shouldn't eat. The consultant did say that it's on a best effort basis so it's not like die die need follow la.. no food after 8pm 🤣🤣🤣 I will try my best la.. Hahaha..

I told S that I feel like my limbs were aching after that; like how I would generally feel after a swim. Hopefully this is a good sign.. Hahaha. .

20th Jul 2018
Weight: 98.3
Feelings : high!
I went for my 2nd session yday. They took my measurements. I lost 1.8 kg and 1% of fat.. I'm quite happy with it..  coz I know if based on my own efforts , losing 1.8kg take a huge effort.. like mayb swim 3 times a week for 2 mths plus conscious eating to see it. The consultant did tell me that I won't expect this at every session la.. and I shouldnt b disappointed when that happens.

Overall, I'm still learning how to stop eating when I'm NOT hungry and not only stop when I'm so super full. I'm enjoying my food still.. but making a conscious effort not to take flavoured drinks and chewing slowly..

24 Jul 2018
Weight: 98.8kg
The weekend feasting make the weight come back again.. weighed today before going for my 3rd session and was sad to realize that all of the weight loss were back 😣also gain back 0.5% fat. Damn

It wasn't easy to diet when I'm with the family. Its hard to say no when the chef has cooked up a storm. Even though I try my best not to overeat but I still end up feeling damn full after each meal.. argh.. 

Mayb I shouldn't b weighing myself so religiously. I rem seeing 98.3 on sat and feeling so super high.. haiz.. must have been too complacent thereafter and ate like no tomorrow.

The thing abt dieting is.. when thou is eating healthily , thou is convinced that healthy food taste nice too.. problem comes when thou takes a bite of sin (aka less healthy food), and realize that it taste heavenly.. 🤣

Will go back to green and white healthy living again. Thou shall not weigh myself til the next session.

Praying that the Lord gives me enough wisdom and discipline to stick to it.

"For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." -Matthew 7:8 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/mat.7.8.NLT

30 Jul 2018
Weight 96.8kg
Feeling: excited
Today is the full 2 weeks weighing. Lost 3.5kg thus far. Super happy with the results though the consultants say I could do more if I can replace with my veggies and fruits. I will try, but all in moderation. Don't want to end up being all emo abt it and go on an eating spree. I still want to enjoy my foods and b happy.

Thankful and may I continue to be discipline in choosing the right foods to eat.

3rd aug 2018
Weight: 95.6kg
Feeling : guilty 

Went for my session yday and I lost 1.2kg fr the last session and 4.7kg thus far. The consultants were delighted. I was happy too. Had 2 rounds of durians this week and was glad that it didn't affect much of the weighing.

But the first emo eating had arrived today. Feeling tired of always choosing between the same various healthy food.. I had yong tau food for lunch and fish soup for dinner. The fish soup was one that I had enjoyed previously but no longer works for me now. I couldn't even finish 70% of it. I was craving for something shiok.. Lol..  like laksa which was just next to it..lol.. but I didn't order. Mayb I should have done that instead. Bcoz if I had done that, i wouldn't have taken a slice of panda cake after cg today and asked Mr choo to make supper after that! 

Yes, this is the first time I had supper since I started the program. The kimchi stew was good.. I've been craving for something spicy for a while and it did fill me up to shiok shiok..lol..i could even fill my stomach expanding a little ..lol.. I need to stop this expansion else all the previous efforts would go to waste..feeling guilty and I hope that when Mon comes I won't cry in regret..lol.. 

God pls help me withstand all these temptations..help me b discipline and choose wisely . . Healthy living thus a healthier me.. 

6 Aug 2018
Weight : 95.9kg
Feeling : sad

Even before coming for today's weighing, I knew I gained weight. I had after all, chosen to eat the normal stuff over the last few days. More than that, I was tired of healthy eating coming to the 4th week. I was also concerned how sustainable this diet plan would b after the whole package ends. I told the consultant my concerns n they assured me that the reason for the huge volatility in my weight was bcoz during the sessions, the body would b more sensitive to the food we eat. But once we stopped the sessions, the body would revert to normal and thus we needn't eat that clean after that.

I cried when she was explaining all these to me. It's tough..this whole slimming thing is tough. 

God , pls give me strength to carry on, and not give up. Not for vanity or anything, I just want a healthier self. In Jesus name I pray, amen

10th aug 2018
Weight 94.9kg
Feeling Okie

After the emo last session, I decided to be more conscious with what I eat. Trying not to expand my stomach by stopping when I'm not hungry. I was glad that I didn't over eat even at the recent bbq that happened 2 days ago. Have lost 5kg thus far and it's not even been a full mth. Thankful for all these and may I continue to be discipline. #healthyliving

16th aug 2018
Weight 93.9kg
Weight lost : 6.4kg
Feeling : thankful

I actually didn't lose any weight today. Was already 93.9 on Monday session. I wasn't surprised cox I had way too much carbs over the last few days and if anything I'm thankful that I didn't gain any today. This is the full 1 mth. I've lost 6.4kg in a mth and 5 cm off my tummy! (Clap clap) really didn't expect it and i really can't feel it. 

If anything, no one has yet to notice a smaller me..lol.. So much so that I always doubt if I really lost so much or did the consultants readjust the scales before it..hahaha.. 

I told joleen today that even if I were to bounce back subsequently the one thing I'm glad that I manage to change is stop eating after 8pm. I used to have late dinners/ suppers but for this whole mth I've managed to keep to this. 

Really enjoy eating healthy and may I stick to it! Of all the salads I've tried, the ones from Salad stop! Remains my personal favourite.

24 aug 2018
Weight : 92.2 kg
Weight lost: 8.1kg
Feeling: thankful 

Lost 1.7kg since last week. As the sessions are coming to an end, the consultants are asking if i would like to get a 2nd package. I had after all witness the results first hand and even though I've lost so much, I am still very much obese. I still have 6 more sessions left and if I want to enjoy the 10% discount, I need to decide by the 4th session. 

To clarify, they didn't push or hard sell la. They just laid down the different options and let me think thru it. I hope I can reach the 80+ kg category soon. I know even though I had "aim" to lose 20 kg by the end of this package, I now know that it's not possible la. I wasn't v strict with sticking to their meal plan anyways but I'm happy with the results so far. Perhaps I should list down the different options and it's respective pros and cons before deciding.

1) sign another package and I can either start right after my rio trip or take a 2 weeks break and start again in oct. Target is to lost another 6-10kg fr it so that I can hit the 70s kg category by the end of it.

2) sign a maintainence package which probably is once every 2 mths.
- objective is to maintain the current weight and probably start exercising again to lose the balance.

3) stop everything completely and see if there's any rebounce or if I can do it on my own efforts. 

If you ask me,  I would prefer option 1. Becoz I know it's tough to do it on my own efforts. The PCOS shit is not in my favour and I want the weight to drop to a comfortable level before I can cruise. Mayb also bcoz this way I would b so used to green eating that even without any monitoring, I would go for salads anytime. I'm also worried that I would go to party eating once I'm left on my own devices. After all, Mr choo' s eating habits are not that healthy either. 

But would I be too reliant if I do 1)? Would it be too much to ask? And should I tell him abt it? I've sounded S out and she isn't too keen to get another package but my starting line is too high. Anyway if I do 1), should I take a break and start in oct ? Coz this way then I can see how the body reacts on its own in the next 2 weeks. I would also be able to eat a bit of the forbidden foods la.. I've been craving for cakes, durian, or ramen! Lol... Still thinking abt it. Will decide after end of next week la.. 

27th aug 2018
Weight: 92.8kg
Feeling : excited

I gain 600 grams since last session. Damn. It must have been the curry fish head and red bean ice cream yday night. Had hoped that I would maintain or lose 100 grams even with the feasting but guess it's not possible. I'm not overly sad or disappointed compared to the last time my weight went up. I had expected it. I still hope to reach the 80s mark before rio although now it will b more challenging. 

Have decided to make the decision after i come back from Rio. In this way, I would be able to see if I could keep the weight off and continue losing with the normal eating. Can't wait for the last session to end..lol.. praying for God's wisdom.and guidance.

30th aug 2018
Weight:91.5kg
Weight lost from last session : 1.3kg
Weight lost thus far: 8.8kg
Feeling: thankful 

Went for my 2nd last session before a 3 weeks break.im looking forward to it. I still wanna touch the 80s mark or at least as close as I could on the last session. Really thankful to the consultants who had helped.me thru these weeks. They are also v excited that im "graduating" soon. Making a list of the foods that I've missed so much.. haha.. but all in moderation. Can eat but rem to stop when I'm not hungry. Don't polish off the plate.

Finally one of my colleague commented yday that I seem to have lost weight..hahaha.. satisfaction.. need to lose more la.. since it's not that obvious.. hahaha 

4th Sep 2018
Weight: 91.6kg
Weight lost/gain : 100 grams
Lost thus far : 8.7kg

Today is the last of my session. I know I've eaten way too much over the weekend coz of the staycation and cellgrp gathering. Tried to eat clean on Mon but guess it wasn't enough. I wasn't disappointed coz I know if we look at things on a whole , I've lost 8.7kg in 7 weeks; stop snacking and stopped late night dinners/ suppers. I'm glad I tried this. Hopefully the 3 weeks break will not make me on a rollercoaster too much.. hahahah.. 

Have alrdy eaten durian twice this week.. and I had satay bee hoon for dinner today.. hahaha.. need to take note of stopping when I'm not hungry and not "brake" only when I'm so freaking full. I need to b in control. God help me to be healthier and let me be in control that I won't go into emotional eating. Thank you God for everything.

No comments: