Thursday, December 6, 2018

My slimming journey (prelude)

Been contemplating if I should post this series of drafts for a while.. Coz this is another part of me that I struggled with for years - obesity. (Scared people will judge me and think im vain; or its really a personal struggle for me etc). And as I look back at the "slimming draft entries", I can only say that God was with me thru the whole journey and It's becoz of Him, that made it all possible.

Anyway this was composed in Jul and I finally mustered the courage to let it see light.

- Written on 15th Jul 2018
I'm writing this down today bcoz tom i will embark on a slimming journey. I've decided to start a slimming package with absolute slimming after much consideration.

Why do i want to do it? Isn't all these gimmicks part of a scam ? Just out to cheat $$ without really providing much value. When I first shared my intentions with uncle pig or my BFFs, all their initial reactions were the same.. to ask me not to do it ; that perhaps we can exercise together or motivate one another thru healthy dieting. 
I did , I went swimming religiously after moving here. I tried to eat healthier; making a conscious effort not to overeat etc.. but the odds were stacked against me. I have PCOS- where one of the side effects were acne; insulin intolerant and weight gain. I was delighted when I shed off my first 10 kg, but after that, the weight just couldn't come down. Even though I convinced myself that as long as i enjoy exercising and eating right, all these will fall in place with time. 2 yrs have passed just like that. And as time passes, it just gets more and more difficult.

But why Absolute slimming?
A few of my ex colleagues have tried it and were all v happy with the results. I didn't rush into it when I first got to know abt this. That was 2 yrs ago. I was sceptical. I know.. weight lost is easy but to keep it off, is harder. And so far, most of them have managed to keep it off.

A recent lunch date with S and she said she's going to check it out. Both of us are chubbies..lol.. big all our lives. And we've tried so many methods before but none could pull it thru. I remember we even went swimming at bishan swimming complex for a few weeks before the enthusiasm died off. 
My bday treat from S on that fateful day.

She checked out the rates etc and decided to start on Mon. The consultant wasn't pushy; gave her the details and let her go. Both of us were surprised. Lol..
Anyway so I was keen but Mr choo wasn't. He was sceptical but he said I would make the final call. I shared with him my struggles and how PCOS tormented me. He said yes. But I was still afraid. Afraid that if this doesn't work out, then I'm really gone.  This is like my last resort. And right now, I just wanna pray to God. 

Dear God, you said that in all things, look to you and you will provide. God, I pray that you guide me thru these 2 mths journey that I will have the discipline to make it happen. That I will be able to have good results for the slimming program. Lord , u know my needs and u understand me more than myself. Lord, I pray that this would b a starter kit, for me to understand my body better , to be able to keep my tongue away from (food) temptations. God , my intention is not to lose till i become skinny skinny, but I just want to become healthier (lose 20 kg maybe) and if it is successful I do want to bring mr choo into it as well. God, I pray that during this time I will also be able to share about you to S too.. That she will come to know more abt u thru me. Lord, if this is in yr way, pls help me. Help me like what u did when I tried my IVF..in Jesus name I pray, amen!

P/s: I checked online abt it and basically it combines tcm etc la.. thus increasing yr metabolism and removing all those toxins.  I hope that I will b able to succeed. I just need a starter kit to remove all those fats that's been with me all my life , and still continue to exercise and eat healthy (maintainence kit) thereafter.  I hope I'm right. God, help me. Give me strength and courage and discipline.

No comments: