Friday, April 8, 2022

A day in the life of Mrsqueenchoo

Had a sweet surprise this morning when I pulled out some of the pre preg clothes. I can finally fit into some of them! Yeah!! Not all but some.


I’m still not there yet but I’m happy at my current size. Taking a one mth break from my cupping and clean eating coz I just wanna indulge in myself for this mth.. hahah..

Work has been slow for the last few weeks. And not going to deny that it does give me some fears. But at the same time, I’m enjoying my current pace of life. Slow, a lot of family ; a lot of couple time and exercises. I swim 4x a week and on every Wednesday, uncle pig and I will go for our long walks at MacRitchie, followed by our paktor lunch. So a typical day would b breakfast w the kids / William, followed by a swim. A work zoom probably during lunch time before we pick up the kids, lunch then they do some homework while I do another afternoon zoom before we head to the pool again at 4pm. Pick the baby at 5ish and we have our family dinner before I end the day with a 8pm zoom. 


Goofing around while I prepare for my afternoon zoom..

Decided to bring the baby along yday for the twins TKD class bcoz the house was in a mess.. hahah.. it did wreak his routine a little.. haha 

Life has been peaceful I guess. Am I worried that eventually the little zooms would turn to nothing. Yes this too. But I know most of the time, I feel at peace. Peace and grateful that I didn’t get crazy expenses such that I’ll be crying now; grateful that this season is for me to see my kids grow and be involved in their lives. 

A friend asked recently how I can just go travel w/0 bringing them along. My thoughts are this : “I rather be 100% with them half of the time, then be 50% present all the time.” There’s no right or wrong whichever way. The current me know that I need to take good care of myself before I have the energy and mental to love and care for my kids and family. And thus I need the occasional break/nap/trip away. That’s it. 

Currently trying to plan a getaway for 6, plus another trip for 3 of us.. it’s a lot easier to plan for the latter trip. Hahahah.. but we shall see.. 

No comments: