Saturday, September 21, 2019

Egypt

So glad to be back in the House of the Lord. Feeling recharged and light whenever I'm back in church, enjoying my favourite toast and kopi.

The trip went well. I didnt kill my mama. Hahaha..weather was Super hot but thankfully neither mama nor I fell sick while we were there. I was down with high fever on the night I reached home but that was it. So thankful that it didnt happen when we were there etc.

Egypt felt like M'sia in the 80s. Nothing wrong or bad abt it. Its untapped, not v touristic. But the country is also in poverty. Kids as young as 10 were working as camel-boys or selling souvenirs, just so that they could bring some monies home. My heart goes out to the kids when I see them labouring. Every time I travel, my sentiments when I come back remain the same. How blessed we are, staying in peaceful singapore. Safe country, roof over our heads, and food / water easily available. Obviously safety was a HUGE concern on this trip. There was a body guard on each of the 12 tour buses on the trip, and 2 police cars following the entire convoy throughout the entire trip. I've never been to a  country where I felt so "protected".

Bucket list ticked. It's a magnificent sight, despite the hot hot weather. I stand in amazement of the world wonder. It is so beautiful. How did the people then did it? The guide explained that it's most likely not by slavery but people who truly believed in the importance of the afterlife. Strong belief thus the results/ final product.

Thankful that I got to visit the Coptic Cairo while we were there. It's like visiting history in the bible! Its believed that the Holy family stayed here during their journey.

It was also good to reignite old ties.. hahaha.. for the first time since we joined this industry, we happened to be at the same convention!

We've known each other for more than 16yrs now. But we have never been on the same trip before. My BFC mate/mj kaki/BFF. He was also my 姐妹 for my wedding.. hahaha.. kinda funny when I think of it. But he's one person whom I'm thankful to have 认识 in my life.. always so generous and helpful in so many many ways. I told my mama that he used to send me home every week when we stayed at bukit panjang, before dropping YP at balestier and then his home at hougang.. hahaha.. those were the days.. 简单的友情让我十分珍惜。


The other person that I'm so happy to meet up with is her - Katherine Cheong. A sister in Christ, ever so ready to share her testimonies and touch lives. Even when things weren't always smooth sailing for her, she is always so cheerful and encouraging. I'm v thankful to have first known her when I joined PIAS. I was a young mama then, struggling to balance between being a mama and doing sales. But she taught and shared so much with me during that chance encounter that I continue to practise it til this day forward. So thankful to have met this lady and mentor! Praying that God continue to use her to touch lives and cover her as she continue to be His lighthouse!

Of course I'm thankful that my mama is still healthy. As much as it is tiring and boiling at times, I hope that she will b healthy always so that we can continue to go traveling la..

Thankful to God for the opportunity to bring her for the trips , thankful for everything. I'm glad to be home too! Hahahah..

May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.
2 Thessalonians 3:5 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/2th.3.5.NIV

No comments: