Saturday, July 6, 2019

Vancouver/ Seattle

Finally some time to pen my thoughts before my next appt. Been wanting to blog abt so many things but always end up with opening paragraphs and then got distracted.

~ The trip ~
The trip was good. It was my first time to Canada and Seattle, and boy did I enjoy myself! The food was soooooo good, definitely better than the typical European countries that I've visited thus far.

Welcome dinner

Dim sum breakfast 

Omakase

And their extensive Asian cuisine made this Chinese girl so comfortable. I was happy to have dim sum, Chinese zicha, and even Japanese soba and sushi! I could come here again if I have the chance coz this was the first time I didnt need open my cup noodles! Also the first time I gain weight after coming back from an ang moh country. 



The extension to Seattle was good too! It was an adventure that the typical me won't consider usually. A client of mine happened to be studying in Vancouver and offered to host us during our extension. I didnt think much before accepting coz the thought of having a local guide was too good to reject. I'm glad I didnt. We had a great time! (despite the initial awkwardness) coz after all, we weren't exactly friends to begin with. But I'm glad that we got to know each other better during this trip. 

Me and my 2 lovely hosts!


Our nice house!

I also got to stay in a nice HOUSE with a fireplace! How cool is that, for a Singaporean city girl! I'm glad I didnt do my extensions at the expensive Fairmont but at cosy affordable air bnb.

I was very fascinated by the automated fireplace but my friends say nowadays all the houses use this. Hahaha..

I'm so glad I tried this while I was in Vancouver! It's so nice and most importantly no q! 

Sitting on the floor of Walmart coz I was too tired from all the walking but mr choo wasn't done yet.. #super unglam but dont care
The unit of the air bnb we stayed on the last night is our wedding anniversary! Oh my 天!

And the 8 days ended faster before I realized. The kids were good with my mama. Told William that perhaps we could do a longer trip next year, now that they are older..

so we came back with 3 full luggage coz uncle pig did ALOT of shopping.. hahahah


Also gave uncle pig a surprise by changing our flights on the trip back. I thought it was a good treat since it was our wedding anniversary.. I slept throughout the 2 flights but he clearly enjoyed the experience.. hahahah

No comments: