Friday, June 1, 2018


Brought the girls down for a swim today while papa choo is busy preparing dinner.. enjoying my pockets of me- time while recuperating from my cramps..

I'm thankful that they have each other to play with while I can just watch them fr the bench.. May their sister-ship grow over the yrs so that they have each other to rely on, even after me and papa choo are no longer around.

Next week is a light duty week for me, primarily bcoz J is overseas and I would have to manage my own paperwork if i close any cases. Will take this coming week to bring the girls for late breakfasts, fetch them to school and enjoy the slow pace. Was just telling William this morning that I hope to scale back my workload in the years to come and his reply was "already very slow pace already , what to scale back?"  Lol.. guess he can't stand me sticking around him..lol.. 

Actually what I meant was I hope that in time to come, I won't be working bcoz I need to pay the bills. Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy my work but working without worrying abt the bills takes the pressure away.

I find it very stressful when I was struggling to pay the bills. It's not like I have a lot to spare now, but I'm definitely more breathable now than a yr ago. And bcoz the last couple of yrs have been extremely tight for us, we started to streamline between what's necessary (need) vs what's ideal (want). It's funny that given my profession, I should have known abt this long ago. But like all typical Singaporeans, we tend to want more in life; a bigger house ; a bigger holiday; a bigger car etc..and over time, the Wants always seem like a Need that needed to be fulfilled. And it was exhausting just trying to breathe, to be out of the rat race. I'm not trying to shame blame anyone but I'm just sharing my current thoughts.

 J always shudders when she tally my expenses for the mth. I can only say that it was by pure faith and trust (God) that we survive. Bcoz the last few yrs had been so tight for us, (plus I'm not the kind that will pressure the clients to get a plan bcoz my pay depends on it), we really cut down on a lot of things. I started to measure the cost of buying based on the cost of my working hrs. E.g.  Buying another toy meant that mama needed to work for another hour in the office; eating out on an expensive meal meant 2hrs; going on a big trip meant that I probably need to slog for 2 weeks etc..  and over time; I realize that rather than buying another toy to compensate the kids for my away time ; buying an expensive gift for myself to "de-stress" ; why not cut down all these frivolous spending?

I end up with more time for the kids; less stress abt the work bcoz I don't have so much credit card bills to pay.

The goal for the choos or at least for me, is to live simply. And that is what I hope we can teach the girls too.. to always be thankful for the Presence and companionship of one another; and may they appreciate the blessings they have in life.

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. - Psalm 119:18 

No comments: