Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Confinement Food

It all started when I saw a big green papaya sitting in the kitchen. I ask uncle pig what was it for, and he said he was waiting for it to ripen before giving it to the girls.

"Oh.." I sounded disappointed.. thought he had wanted to use it to cook green papaya fish soup for dinner/supper.. yes, it's a popular confinement dish but it's also my favourite soup. And it has been soooooooo looooooog since he cooked it. I couldn't recall the last time he cook it.



So ta-da! At the request of the Queen, the chef has managed to cook it for me today. Hahahahaha.. i like it with lots of parsley and mee sua.. that's why the green vegetables on top... I don't know if it's becoz the papaya are not orange this time round, so it didn't taste as nice as before? Or maybe becoz it's not my confinement, so uncle pig anyhow anyhow.. hahahah... but i'm still grateful that he made the effort.

I remembered that this soup requires a lot of effort during my confinement, coz he needs to go to the wet market super early to "book" the fish bones and also get the fresh fish. then he needs to cook overnight with lots of red dates and gouqi zi.. it reminds me of the tough days we had during our last confinement and despite the tough days, he still took effort to prepare my confinement meals every day.. 那时虽苦,可是一路上有你。

#touched #老公万岁 #backpost

No comments: