Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Decluttering

Following my post on minimalism, I decided that 2023 will be the year where I want to declutter a few areas of my life:

1. Food 
- Realize after doing 2 weeks of my expenses that I/my household simply spend too much on food. And I’m not even talking abt proper meals. I’m referring to the occasional kopi break ; tea snack; cakes and pastries that I can every now and then. All these adds up. Also going to cut down on the number of cups of coffee I buy outside. I used to get a cup every time we are out. So for now, I’ll reduce it to 3x a week and eventually to none outside. 

2. Bags 
- Going to sell some of my recent purchases coz I realize that I don’t enjoy carrying leather bags. They are too heavy when I put a laptop and iPad in. Yes they are pretty. But I don’t need them to validate anything. Getting rid of the old stash as well. Going to sort them out this weekend.

I do enjoy such cute bags a lot more to be honest. Lightweight with lots of pockets. 

I think that’s the two main areas I wanna focus on for now. 

Why do I wanna do this? 
Knowing the why is v impt. Coz it helps to remind me why I’m going thru this and what I’ll see at the end of the (rewarding) journey. 

1) Less clutter; lesser things to store and lesser things to clean up 

2) lesser calories 😝
- truth be told, the twins have gained so much weight in the last few years. And as much as I dote on them and wanna let them try all the super nice desserts / food; it’s not helping them in their self esteem or waistline. Mayb instead of an indulgent snack every now and then, we should go do an exercise instead!
(Easier said then done but we will get there!)

3) self discipline 
- I think it’s a mental exercise for me. To cultivate the habit of self discipline. To exercise the mental resistance.. haha. Chim hor.. but I do feel that every now and then, money slips out ever so easily and it’s not even going to things that we notice. And what happens? We end up needing to work MORE in order to provide for what we think is necessary. But what if we can live with less than necessary, and then we can save MORE or work LESSER ? 

Okie I’ve reached the office. It was a struggle to walk past all the coffee shops and not get a kopi or atas coffee. 

Yeah to small wins! 

No comments: