Friday, May 12, 2023

New challenges

都不知道自己在紧张什么,只不过是待会儿会和两个认识很久的同事喝个咖啡聊一聊。 昨晚整夜都睡不好,很guazhang 吧。🤣🤣🤣

They have requested to change over to my team and I’m not sure if I will be able to live up to their expectations. After all, I do feel that their existing team leader is an amazing leader as well. Anyway thought we meet up so that we could have a quick chat on what they expect vs what I have in mind. I do have a few things on my mind on how I can help my team mates, but I’m not sure if it would be suffice. 

Anyway, I’ve decided to embark on an exciting role, coming June. And it’s been announced to the mgmt as of yday. But even before that, I’ve alrdy got a small glimpse of the potential drama that’s going to follow. Thought I take this chance to list down the reasons why despite everything, I’ve decided to take up the challenging role. 

1. Growth

- As much as I enjoy my advisory work (I still do and don’t intend to stop), I don’t feel much growth, especially in the last few years. I do enjoy coaching the younger advisers, and to give back to the system. After all, I learnt everything from there. 

2. Gap

- I do feel a gap between what was taught at the trainings vs what was grasped by most of these younger advisers. And I hope I can bridge the gap. Make it easier for them to undertake, so that they can relate the info easier to their clients and not find this career a struggle. 

3. Leaving a legacy

- I probably wanna retire in the next 10yrs and I do hope that by then, I would have helped advisers achieve much more than I’ve ever done for my own personal sales. After all, the true mark of a great mentor is when her own mentees achieve greater heights than her. That’s the beauty of our industry and our firm. Never stingy on advice and we just want everyone to achieve their fullest potential possible and live life without regrets. 

4. Living life without regrets

- I don’t wanna end my life regretting that I’ve never done “xxx” or “yyy”. Mayb it’s a mid life crisis but at this moment in time, I do want to impact / help as many people as I can. And when I grow old, I can tell my kids that I’ve tried all the things I’ve wanted to, and be it fail or success, I’ve no regrets. 


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5‬-‭6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/111/pro.3.5-6.NIV




No comments: