Monday, February 29, 2016

Our first zoo run

Last Sunday we went for a zoo run with joy and her 2 buddies from childcare. It was my first run with her. Although she's been to a few runs with the dad , this was the longest distance so far - 2.5km across the zoo.




Before the run, I prayed for a long while, for gd weather, for me to manage to see her in the chaotic sea of orange tees and most importantly for Joy to be able to truly enjoy herself. I remember when she went for her first 800 metres kids dash many yrs ago, she was upset that she was not in the top 3 finishers that she cried halfway through the race. I was worried if the episode would repeat, or if she would have another tantrum episode and thus spoil the whole fun of it. Her competitiveness to win sometimes torment her so much when the results r not what she expects.
Anyway I'm glad that it turned out well, both for her and for me. I've not run for a long time too and the last run I did was the 2.4km that we needed to do during our JC days. The time spend to chat with her during our walk/run and focusing only on her was gd.. and it wasn't as chaotic  as I thought it would be.

After the run, we continue to explore the zoo with the rest of the family. Everyone had a lot of fun and it was a very meaningful Sunday to just have fun and not think about work or preparing for the kids classes. . We all looked like  on Monday morning when we went back to school / work.
Grateful that we have this beautiful Sunday. .may we continue to make every weekend an eventful time bonding with the kids.. thank you God!


No comments: