Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lazy Afternoon

- Posted on 23rd Nov -

@ 340pm, I'm enjoying my carrot cake and strawberry shake; my "me" time before going to Joy's school to pick her. The princess's instructions was to come NO EARLIER than 445pm (note the precision).

After having kid(s), you realise how one shifts his/her priorities and let the child(ren) take centrestage. Indeed, I'm sure 10 yrs ago, @ 21 yrs old, I never imagine that @ 31, I would be married to a wonderful man/husband and father of my 3 kids.

@ 21, I most probably was more concerned about my 21 yr old birthday bash and busy preparing for my FYP. But i was already attached to Uncle pig back then. =) Though i didnt realize he was the ONE back then. No such visualization about marrying him or even having kids either! Yes, I didnt even believe that i would get married, not to mention having kids.

Look at how things have changed in a short span of 10 yrs. Happily married, mother of 3 lovable kids & probably a lot of pounds heavier in weight, I'm thankful to God for all that He's done for me. The roundabouts that I've walked in my r/s with Uncle Pig, the struggles with everything; motherhood, breastfeeding, depression, infertility, etc.. so many challenges in life, which schould would nv be able to prepare us fully. But God, he prepares the road ahead for us. He walks with us and guides us in every step, every path.

I wonder how would my life be @ 41? Would it be such a drastic change as compared to the past decade? Would my loved ones start to leave this world by then? I'm worried and scared, esp whenever Uncle Pig reminds me of the inevitable truth that one day he will leave this world and I really should learn to take care of myself before that happens. Yes, it irritates me, even though I'm a Christian and I know I will see him again eventually. It always makes me cry whenever I think about the possibility that he might not be able to withness the girls grow up, get a job, get married, have kids etc and growing old together. And whenever this happens, I remind myself that I really should treasure him more NOW. And I do hope that we'll be able to grow old together, that we'll be able to bicker, stratch his back and enjoy his cooking and travel together.

In the bible, Matthew talks about worries and how we should leave it to God. It's always my favourite massage. Guess I just have to surrender completely to Him and know that He has plans for every one of us.

Okie, shall stop now. Time to make my way there, by the princess orders.

Matthew 6:25-34

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

1 comment:

Regine said...

I'm happy for you for such two darling baby girls. They are really very sweet. Image of them still floats around in my mind since yesterday! They are really cute!!H