Sunday, May 6, 2012

D Day

At 230am after finishing my last dose of medication for the evening , I find myself super awake. It's difficult to zz on the hospital bed and I've forgotten how I managed to do that 5 yrs ago!  Unlike uncle pig who is "sound sound" asleep, although I'm tired , I find it super uncomfortable to lie on the inclined bed. Oh dear! I don't know how I can survive the few nights here..  My next course of medication is at 6am and I do hope that I can catch some sleep before that.  oh! N something impressive abt the toiletries here! It's all from Crabtree & Evelyn! Haha.. Nice surprise though I'm not a fan la.. Haha
--------
It's now coming to 7.. I've taken the meds at 6am n doc will b doing his rounds at abt 8.. Would like to know if we would b seeing the twins today or Tom . My initial suggestion was for me to stay for another day n we will do the surgery on sat. But uncle pig feels that we shld juz do it today coz he don't c a major diff in waiting for another day. N the prolong wait will only make me more tired. Hmm.. I was still hoping that maybe the doc can discharge me today n I will come bk again on week 37 for the original scheduled surgery. Well, we will c how it goes. Having waited for so long for the twins, the last few hrs can b excruciating. 
-----------
@ 12pm, the gynae has confirmed that we will be doing a c-section later this evening at 7pm. I'm supposed to take this last meal, before I start to fast. It's pretty exciting and yes, finally, we are gonna see the babies soon! The feeling can't be described and I'm just so excited that we will finally see our little princesses soon. God is so good!

---------
@ 645pm, I was wheeled to the operating theatre. Uncle Pig was taking some final pictures, before all the action begin. Right now, I'm simply nervous. I just pray that the operation will be successful, and that the gals will be fine. =p

@ 730pm, the girls are out, and we hear their loud cries! Both are healthy, and Grace weighs 2.78kg, while Vera weighs 2.74kg. Although only 40 grams apart, their size looks a lot different.

Thank God for the smooth delivery, and once again, for creating the miracles that we have prayed for! Amen!

No comments: