Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The day the air con took a break.. 

In the midst of the pregnancy we decided to do some major Reno to remove some of the original fixtures and made new ones, so that they were not as space consuming but equally gd storage spaces, if not better. 

The original TV console, shoe cabinet made way for a whole new stretch of built in cupboards, covering the entire stretch increase my storage place n made the entire living room bigger. We also removed my walk in wardrobe n replaced it with another built in one, coz I realize that even though it's nice to hv a walk in wardrobe , a simple wardrobe would saves much more space . And indeed it did. 

We also decided to service the air con units n shift one of the units to a more central location at the living room. 

All these done in a span of a few days and I'm thankful to God that we did it bcoz now my house does look much bigger, with cooler air too! 

However today upon returning home, uncle pig informed me news that the air con compressor has broken down! Huh?? But I Thot the pple juz came that day to do servicing? So how? How r we gonna survive tonight w/0 air con, esp when today is a hot hot day? 

Suddenly I realize that air con has become an essential part of my life, more impt than rice or anything else! I can skip rice for days, n I can zz separately fr uncle pig , but I can't zz w/0 my dear a/c! Arrgh! 

It's only when things like that happen u realize the importance of it, n how reliant I've bcome. It has unknowingly become an essential part of me, without me realizing. The only consolation is that this is the first time it happen, in the 6 yrs that we've stayed here n I surely hope that the pple can come tomorrow to solve the prob!

Nevertheless it was an interesting experience coz we activated 6 fans , w Uncle Pig zz in the living room bcoz it's much cooler. He had volunteered to give me that first class sofa but it was pretty uncomfortable so I decided to sweat it out in my room. Haha.. Thus this posting is at 4am, after one of my night pees but I'm too hot to zz further.. Wonder how do pple zz w/0 a/c.. How could they? =p

1 comment:

Regine said...

haha.. i sleep with fan most of the nights leh. But perhaps I don't have two bbs inside me also la.. :p