Monday, August 12, 2024

Our long weekend



Feel so good to swim on a Monday morning, even though the sun was pretty unbearable towards the end. Life unfiltered. Just wanna admire the current me, even though I’m covered with white hair and old age spots. But there are many other things to be grateful for. I’m blessed with good health, so are my family. We have the option to travel if we want to, if time and health permits. 

As one ages, the things that I’m grateful for have become smaller in nature. Little blessings - are enough for me. Life is too short to be stressed and overwhelmed with fleeting things. Even a cafe that we visited frequently has closed down for good.. sigh..they served the best 辣椒板面 in my opinion.

Joy had a party last week, which she invited over 20 friends. It was tiring to even just see her jumping from circles to circles to make sure each diff friend group doesn’t feel neglected. It’s nice to have kids at this age where we just provide food and space.. and they will figure it all out on their own. 


All the kids were delighted with the cake. William said it’s redemption for not baking for her for the last few yrs, coz we were always shifting in Aug.. lol..she was proud of her cake coz her friends told her it was the best they had, and I think it made her very proud 😊 

Did a small scale bbq just among ourselves coz my kids love bbq and none of us had the social capacity to entertain.. hahaha.. so it was just us, which was really nice coz we didn’t have to make sure our guests were well fed or comfortable. There were no guests and our helper was on off, so everyone helped chipped in a little. Grace even took the little boy to swim, so that joy and I could start the fire.. hahaha





No comments: