Thursday, January 25, 2024

Tough morning

One of the tough mornings today.. did the morning drop off together with this little man, but after dropping his sisters off, he cried his way home. Kept insisting that he wanted to drink milk before going to sch 🫠🫠🫠


I relented and thought perhaps he could take the bus with the helper after his milk feed. But no, he took his time to do everything except to go to sch.. I felt defeated and regretted letting both of them go. Eventually he only ageeed to school after we called papa. But the drama didn’t end there. He went to the bus stop with our helper, before u-turning home and said he wants me to bring him to sch. So here I am, at the entrance of the childcare with a clingy boy who refused to go in. It happens at times, but rare. 

I felt so so defeated. And it’s only 9 in the morning.

I know they are coming back next week. 很快的. But at this moment, I just can’t reconcile my emotions with what’s logical

Cried myself silly on the drive back. Must be hormones. Or lack of food. 

Gorged myself silly after the cry. Order the above plus steamed bread. So much for trying to reduce my emotional eating 🥲🥲

Did some impulsive shopping at shein, to get ready for cny + also bcoz I know I’ll be able to return all the impulsive purchases when my mind is ready.

My eyes felt so swollen as I made my way home. Had a zoom at 10am and no matter what, life continues. Work continues. I hate adulting. 

Went for a swim right after my zoom, else I don’t know what else can help make me feel better. 


I love how peaceful and calm whenever I see the pool. Going to take my time to sit here before I go back to mama duties.



“Do not be anxious about anything, but jin every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians‬ ‭4‬‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

No comments: