Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Emo

Just ended an appt with my client.. feeling all emo and moody.. I need a solid chocolate snack..like now..

It was a death claim, my #4 death claim. I thought I would be calm and stable. But as I walk out of the office, I started to recall the time when this couple married ; how we met for lunch reviews; had their first kid; talked abt breastfeeding and parenthood..  then did her CI claim etc.. we all thought that she was cleared of cancer.. since we just celebrated the 5 yr mark in jul.. but it came back in Aug with a vengeance and with such speed that no one was prepared.

I cant imagine how life continues for him and his young daughter now that his soulmate is not around. There are so many things that need to b ironed out but nothing is more impt than the overall well being of the little one.

There isn't much I can help them, other than processing the claims. I feel so helpless and affected. I shouldnt be. But I cant help it. Hopefully this feeling will go away sooner than I think. Its times like this I wonder if I'm suited for this job.. the emotional rollercoaster affects me; a lot, each time this happens. Praying that God comforts the family and that He gives me a solution..

Treasure the people around us. What's most impt is our presence not presents.

No comments: