Saturday, February 3, 2018

Family ties

There is something in this world that won't change no matter what circumstances. It stays with us from the day we are born til the day we are no longer here. And it is family ties.

No matter what we do, we can never alter the ties we have with our family. And as much as I try to understand, i feel so much for mr choo, when he is always the one arrowed to do all the things with regards to his Mama, just bcoz he is a home maker.

An emergency happened this afternoon when his mama called him and said that she has been having diarrhoea for the past 1.5days. She wanted to see a doctor. Mr choo was stuck at home with the twins as they are having their nap while I was working. He called his bro and sil and neither of them answered. Calls or msgs did not work. He was anxious. And he didn't want to wait and had no choice but to wake the twins up so that he could go attend to the elder.

He asked his mama why didn't she called him this morning or yday when she was alrdy feeling unwell ?or Why can't she call his other son? Her reply was : " I can't. I can't call the emperor. He is a busy man."

Favouritism. My heart broke when my man told me this. For as long as I've known him, I know my mil refers to her elder son as "王帝" and Mr choo was always the errands boy - the one who had to run all the errands bcoz 王帝 is a busy man. My heart aches for him coz when I first know him, he was already used to the unbalance treatment. He says bcoz that's the way it is. But today, I know it has hit his breaking point.

As much as I loathe that side of the family, there is nothing much I can change. Even when I deliberately let out that Mr choo is currently working for me (thus no longer as free as he used to), or the fact that I'm not just a mediocre earner, he will always remain the smallest in that food chain. It hurts me when my CEO is being treated so small in that family. And there s nothing I can do abt it.

Praying for peace and wisdom to manage this situation. Praying that God give me the right words to comfort my man. As much as I don't understand why a mama can b so biased since both are her fresh and blood, I pray God that you help us, help us overcome this challenging situation. In Jesus name I pray - Amen

No comments: