Friday, August 11, 2017

Hectic week


This picture fully sums up our past week. It has been an hectic/overwhelming week and it's not even the weekend yet. It's the kind of the week where you look til the end of it and wonders when will this end? It's what I termed as even when the week seems too much to handle, we just have to suck it up and weather it thru. 

The hectic started on 5th Aug, when I had some work in the morning before rushing home to pick the girls for art class. I was tasked to fetch them since papa had to prepare for Joy's party the next day. Brought the twins for classes, and spend some time with Joy just chilling at the library. It was relaxing, but I was too tired. Not sure if it was bcoz the night appt ended too late the night before, or becoz the morning appt was too early. But I was exhuasted, coupled with the fact that I had to go pick william and a birthday cake before heading to a friend's party. It was Joy's gd friend from childcare who had a party, and I was tasked to deliver the cake since I stayed nearest to the baker compared to the rest. 
The 5 of them, plus the super nice cake. The girls continued their party til midnight. By the time we reached home and when everyone was asleep, Mr choo needed to continue the night shift to prepare for Joy's party on 6th. (I later realized that he continued his preparation til 6am)

6th Aug
Joy invited some of her school friends over for a swim-date plus bday party. It was managable coz after all, they are 10 yrs old and on their own. And it was nice, bcoz it was a party without parents.  I didnt need social with adults. (yeah!!) I just had to tend to my twins, and make sure they are well and taken care of. The party ended at 830pm sharp, coz all of them had school the next day. 

7th Aug
Joy called to say she had diarrhea, and we went to pick her up in the morning. Only to realize that she self declare that she was well enough to stay for the rest of the day...πŸ˜†
Vera's teacher called us abt late afternoon saying that Vera seems to be unwell, but has boarded the bus home. She came home with a fever, and started many rounds of diarrhea... so much that we decided she should skip the school celebrations the next day.

8th Aug
Grace went to school for the national day celebrations while we brought the other 2 to see the PD. 
Joy was mild, while Vera is the jialat one.. I lost counted of the number of times I took care of her biz.. picked grace up after PD and headed to airport for T4 open house. Mr choo had registered the tickets in advance, and we thought the kids were still manageable for the activity. And they did have lotsa fun at T4 too. Headed over to my mom's place for dinner and sleepover. 

9th Aug
Vera woke up many times during the night, coz of diarrhea. Mr choo took the night shift, while I continue the early morning shift. At about 9am, someone called him on the hp. It's our neighbour. He used the intercomm to call us, coz he said that our unit was flooding and water was seeping out of the unit continuously. OMG! William rushed back to have a look and send me this video. (Due to technical issues, video can't be uploaded) 

But here is a copy of the damage done. Most of joy' s books were soaking well and beyond rescue.

According to him, one of the water pipes burst and bcoz we were all not home, the floor was filled with water. Gigi was soaking wet and swimming.. by the time Mr choo cleared the water, all my bedroom flooring was damaged. They had popped. Omg! This meant a few things:
1) we need stay 1 more night at my mom place 
2) we need a major reno again ! 😣

10th aug 
It was back to ε…΅εˆ†δΈ€θ·― again. Mr choo dropped the twins (Vera was well by Then! Thank God!) before heading back home to check with the condo mgmt on the recovery etc. He also needed to prepare for another party we had for joy (I know right.. we muz b crazy to even want to continue the party). 
I had promised joy and her 2 friends to bring them for kidzania, after which their parents would meet us back at my place.. 
 
While waiting for their turn to take the pilot tickets.

Window cleaning

The thing I like most about going out with them vs going out with adults is that I don't need to social..  Lol..  they pretty much on auto pilot mode..

At many times I wanted to ask mr choo that we should just cancel the night party but he said it was do-able.. 

Family photo with the cake.


Say cheese girls.. we are almost at the end of the tunnel.. 

The party ended abt 10pm and by the time we cleaned up and the kids zz, it was already midnight. And it was a school day for all 3 the next day and working day for myself. 

Although it seem pretty overwhelming at the start of the post, but by the time I completed it, and looking back at the photos, I was glad we managed to do it all.

Thank God for being with us and sheltering us from all that could have happened to make things even worse. 

2 comments:

kiss my lips said...

wow u both are like what superman and woman??? i feel breatheless just reading! water pipe burst?!

Lena said...

I know right.. Lol..