Monday, June 12, 2023

Validation

This Video came just at the right time when I was trying to think of how to compose my thoughts.

The comparison is real. I get demoralised whenever I see parents bringing their kids to do this and that, and then I look at my kids who seem to not be doing as much coz their parents (us) hands are always full with things, or simply bcoz I’m easily exhuasted. Uncle pig says we do occasional zoos only bcoz such activity requires too much energy and after that I’ll be so exhuasted. He is not wrong. I wish he was. 

I know I’m not a lousy parent. I just engage my kids differently. I don’t do the Montessori stuff with my kids, or bring them outdoors as often. And sometimes the social media just made comparison much easier to see and harder not feel lousy. 

The irony of it all is I never compare myself for work. Never. 

I need to remind myself to realign my thoughts, and that the dynamics of every family is different. It brings to the next point of validation. Our actions shouldn’t need to be validated by society or social media. Why do I wanna set a bar so high and make myself emo crazy over something like that ? 

I should b contented with the blessings I have in life. That no matter what happens, I do want the best I can give to my kids and the best is enough. 

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

No comments: