Saturday, September 29, 2018

Goodbye Sept...

It's been 3 weeks since I last came to church. It's good to be back and I can only be thankful that I'm back. After all, there are so many things to be thankful for.

1) Brazil
- the trip turned out to be much better than I expected. Despite the super long flights, the good food definitely helped compensated for it. There wasn't much to see in Brazil actually. The places weren't that safe for us to roam on our own and there really wasn't much to buy besides the havanianas slippers and Melissa shoes. (Yes, those were on super discounts and for someone who's trying to reduce her footwear, I too couldn't resist the temptation and bought a few pairs.. ) But that was it. If anything, it made me even more thankful for the environment we have in sg, where we could go out at nights and come home safely.

At the Selaron steps where there were alot of pickpocketing and we had to stay within our grp.

I did spend A LOT of time with my mama.. probably too much such that towards the end of it, I only wanted to be alone , to recharge. There were many moments where I could see the similarities between my mama , me and Vera that was tormenting me alive. We were the typical "女人" where "anything" actually meant a lot of things. It was really frustrating when the Dowager meant more than what she means and exhuasting to always try guess what she actually wants. I even text mr choo in the midst of the trip, thanking him for having the patience to take care of 3 generations of us! It made me more appreciative of him and also my mama, who seems to have aged. Yes, 我是要对她好一点的。


2) Grace
This was what she looked like, and I'm just praying that her wounds would recover soon. Time will heal everything and I hope there would b no complications.

The girls and their cousins were playing sparkles at my mama house on sat night. And a freak accident happened. Part of the sparkle flinched from Joy' s stick and landed onto Grace chest. The brave girl felt something burning and with her hand, she removed it, in the midst of the darkness. When we switched on the lights, the damage was done. 2nd degree burn on her chest and hand.

My heart crumpled When I saw the wounds. She was a brave Girl, but the pain was unbearable. The spark burnt her dress and onto her tender skin. There were 2 holes. So it has been a hectic week, bringing her to kkh every other day to change the dressing and monitor the recovery. The doctor said that the recovery would probably take weeks / months and it is v.impt to make sure that there is no infection. No more water games; no more outdoor activities.

While we were at kkh 3 days after the accident.

Even though her pain threshold is the highest among the 3, it is still a very painful process.

Both of them waiting at kkh A&E now though her appt should be coming Monday. She went for her friend's bday party this morning and I even reminded both of them to be careful and to stay inside the function room at ALL times. But when I picked them up, her dressing were wet. I checked with my PD and he say it's best to change it NOW. Thus both of them are at kkh while I'm in church with the other 2.

And this is only the first full week. I'm not sure how we can manage the long recovery process. Just need to pray and believe that God is with us and He will protect us.

Of coz, there are still things to be thankful for, despite the accident. It could be a lot worse if the spark / splint had been on other parts of her body. That's why I'm trying to remain calm.and thankful. There are days when I'm calm and steady but there are times when I just wanna kill myself for such accidents.

3) work
- it has been a quiet 2 weeks, so quiet that I kinda regretted going on the trip. The inertia to come back to work is HUGE and any attempts to try to kickstart the engine seems fertile. I can't rem what we talked abt, but I was telling J that despite being here for so many yrs, The ?? Are always there..  "if we are suited for this job ?" ; "what happens if there aren't any cases to close?" ; "can we really be here for long ?"

 Leaning onto the Lord and believing that everything happens in His perfect timing. I will do my best and let Him do the rest. N if the day comes when there's no one else left that need my expertise, then perhaps I shall do something else...

No comments: