Sunday, January 29, 2023

My precious me time

Enjoying my alone time while William took the young kids to 拜年 with his cousins. I am contemplating going to my moms place earlier but that would b at the expense of the precious moment now.. hahaha.. 

I defused an explosion of my own a while ago. Was feeling irked and feelings of unfairness brewing when William said he wanna bao $xxx to his cousins kids. It’s certainly not something I would do la, and as much as he feels that he’s close to his cousins, I feel that the feeling isn’t mutual la.. so yes, I have every right to qn why etc; but instead of going that route, I decided to just do it for him. It’s only once a year and I should honour the man who doesn’t expect me to attend his side of gatherings while insisting to always appear for mine (I gave him free will too!) . 

I’m happy that I choose to let go, and not b miserable and ruin everyone’s mood. I’m glad that I’m in control of my moods; coz I know the emo me could easily have gone either way. 

This is my resolution for the last few years. To b in better control of my mental, to live happily and to expect less. 

Thankful 

No comments: