Wednesday, November 2, 2022

It’s scary to grow old.

Mama got warded 2 nights ago bcoz she suddenly had low BP; blacked out; experienced numbness on her face. She said she felt like her head was going to explode. All signs pointing to stroke. 

Bro send her in middle of the night and since there were restrictions on visitation currently I only came in the next day. 

It’s scary to grow old not bcoz of the sickness but bcoz I can see how critical/ naggy my mama has became of me, ever since she retired. Everyday I come over is just a chance to let her niam niam niam.. haiz.. 

I told J that at this rate, I’m going to smoother her with the ward pillow. 

I love my mom. And I know she is proud of me too. But somehow, her vocab that she uses when it comes to me, are all critical. I hope I wouldn’t grow old and be like that to my kids. Or if retirement is going to b like this, I shall continue working for as long as I can. 

Just ranting coz I’m in the ward with her. Blogging gives me some sanity. 

“The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭1‬ ‭NIV‬‬


No comments: