Monday, August 26, 2019

Overcoming Limitations

"Dear God, I don't know what I've gotten myself into. I hadn't intend to attend the class, bcoz I felt that I wasn't ready (but one would never be ready ya?). But God, time and time again, You have pointed and directed. I'm still tempted to skip the coming sat class for various reasons. Lord, strengthen me. Help me, give me strength to overcome my weaknesses. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!"

This was what I penned in my journal last week while waiting for my appt. I was afraid, not of the appt but of the classes I signed up at church. I had signed up for some bible classes in church and only attending part 1 of it did I realize that part 2 encompass street evangelism! Omg!! I contemplated skipping it entirely and doing it another time. But I know I shouldnt whine like a baby. Joy and william had attended the classes on their own and Joy has done street evangelism so many times before. I felt ashamed that I wasnt a great role model for her. Thankfully she has our Abba Father to look up to.

                         *********

“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”  At once they left their nets and followed him.
Mark 1:17‭-‬18 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/mrk.1.17-18.NIV

Then I read this and thought of my inertia to move forward in my spiritual walk. The procrastination/inertia is real and I admit that it is often easy to just switch off God's voice and look at earthly demands. But a conversation with a client reminded me that one day, when I meet God, He's going to look at my "basket" and would He still he pleased with what I have/have not achieved on earth?

"If you focus on yrself, you will never step out. If you focus on Jesus and His love for the unreached, then actually it is never about you. It is all about Him."

"See the bigger picture. When u think about His love for you and the other people, His love will compel you to do beyond yr limitations"

And that was what she said, which I thought made perfect sense and logic.

And thus I went. I had peace. Of coz, I prayed very hard too. Lol.. after all I'm just human. J was surprised when I told her that I'm doing street evangelism on Friday. I think my friends would all b, knowing how "sheltered" I am usually.

But I did it. And I had no regrets. It was a small breakthrough for me in my world. Hahaha.. I paired with another auntie (stranger) who was also an introvert, but we both agreed that since we are going to do it, we should make the best of it. And before long, the 1 hr activity ended. We had approached 12 people, shared the gospel to 3 people and 1 would b coming to church! Yeah ! I felt so proud of myself after that. It wasnt as difficult as I thought it would b. My church friends said it should b similar to my line of work, but I told them I've never prospecting on the streets before! Hahaha.. but yes I'm grateful for the chance to do this, a chance to share with others about my God.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/mat.11.28-30.NIV

No comments: