Thursday, April 5, 2018

不孝有三

不孝有三,无后为大。that was the last few conversations I had with my ah ma. She has passed away on Easter Sunday, peacefully in her sleep. She was 94.

When I first heard the news, I was at peace. After all, she had lived a long time and in her last few yrs, she had dementia and eventually needed help taking care of herself. I could see her health deteriorate rapidly each time I visited her.

We came back on Wed and I thought I would be fine but tears just gushed down the moment I saw her lying inside the coffin. "She has gone to be with Jesus" I told Grace. But that was all I could say in between tears.

My ah ma has gone home to be with the Lord and eventually I will see her again when my turn on earth is up. She is in a better place... I know all these as a Christian but when it happens, all the emotions still became overwhelming for me.

I regretted not knowing more abt her. I had more memories of her in my growing yrs but in the later yrs , my visits became less frequent and mostly distracted with my kids even when we came. But still I'm glad that she saw us settled down and my kids were able to spend a few yrs with their great grandmother.

Grace kept asking if we would still come back to melaka again.. which I'm not sure. I had come here every yr to visit my ah ma since I was born and suddenly , there isn't a strong reason anymore. Would we even come back again? 

And we said goodbye for the final time today, when I saw her buried in the ground and we placed the flowers in her tomb, it was the end. 

Treasure the time when yr loved ones are still around.. love one another and always let them know that u love them too..
Good bye ah ma..


No comments: