Sunday, April 21, 2024

The truth will set you free

Today I felt free for the first time. I was not pressured by the need to bring the kids out over the weekend, or the need to prove anything. (I know many a times, it’s my mind at work). 


But today, I had the aha moment. That I am who I am. 


Yes there will always be more interesting mamas who does art and craft or baking with their kids, or mamas who bring their kids on outings every weekend or public holiday, or mama who simply provide the best gifts for her kids at bday parties. I’m not any of those. I’m just me. I tire easily when doing outdoors or play dates or just crowded places. I need naps like a baby. And I need my time away from my kids. 


And this is me - uniquely created by God. 


There isn’t a need to feel sorry for not being able to do it all. 


I felt a pat on my back when I finally realised it all. I felt enlightened.


I know it’s not much. And eventually the negative voice in me will start judging me in days to come. But at this moment, I just wanted to celebrate me - the free me. 


The one who allows the kids to watch tv so that she could take a break, the one who doesn’t do much revision w her kids or don’t even remember when their exams are. 


Life is too short to worry abt these. Let’s celebrate life. Celebrate this moment.





No comments: